I learned about these colors when I was in Fashion for 28 years. My name is Relaeh and this journey has been wild. Another tree said his daughter Lizzie was Cherokee so Im not sure how much can be believed from what Ancestry shows because of lack of documentation. The surnames most associated with the Melungeons are the Irish name Collins, and the English name Gibson. Try this https://jgraydiscovery.com/2019/08/13/melungeon-tuscarora/, Check this page out.. https://wordpress.com/post/jgraydiscovery.com/2646. Typical Melungeon physical traits are said to include dark hair and skin with light-colored eyes. Her skin was so dark her lips looked blue and she had a line on the side of her hands where the pigment stopped and the skin of her palms began. (LogOut/ Kikkert meaning "frog". reaves/osteen/lawson. HAWKES HENDRICKS HENDRIX HILL HILLMAN HOGGE HOLMES HOPKINS HOWE Hi! Ive been stumped. My Reeves family always claimed Indian descent. Are we related?? His wife was Nancy Gray and son was Moses Bass. The name "Melungeon" was not applied to these first Afri- cans by white outsiders or slave owners. Im just so tired of not knowing a connection and many of extended family feel the same I have not had any DNA tests done, but again would like to know about my Indian family, and also about the melungeons as well. Volume 2 lists Cherokees west of the Mississippi from rolls . It is like her whole Jones line does not exist. Where did they come from? After that it gets shaky. Just to note, a lot of Melungeon families are mixed with Roma. I will soon be 74 and just have forgotten where I have put a lot of things. So interesting! Thank you, Redbone, Your comment has given me a great idea of how to tackle all the incoming messages regarding our Melungeon line. I honestly believe we are Melungeon. Some families that descend from lines known to be of Melungeon origin, but cannot find Native ancestry, may need to search more in that direction for their exact mixture. Melungeon and Melungeon-related surnames (Carolina's, Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky) ADAMS ADKINS BARKER BARNES BECKLER BELL BENNETT BERRY BIGGS BOLEN BOWLIN BOWLING BOWMAN That is EXCELLENT, Thank you so much for sharing!! People publish scholarly books, not gangster rap records, with Redbone or Melungeon in the title. My ancestor, John Washington Cooper, left Virginia for Louisiana circa 1830, where he and his children married into old French Creole families. I just came upon this site. I have lots of Bass surnames including Aaron Bass of Bertie, NC. BOWLING BOWMAN BRADBY BRANHAM BRAVBOY BRIGER/BRIDGER BROGAN Some of the other names in my tree of life are Ashworth,Sweat, Hoosier. I have that genealogy somewhere but trying to find it is a different thing. Email: [emailprotected]. My fathers name is Harrison Brown, son of Harris Brown and Rosa Burt (Brown). Im going to share your comments with Angela Walton Raji and Melvin Collier, they have Bass out of Arkansas. Boone, Bowman, Badby, Branham, Braveboy, Briger/Bridger, Brogan, Brooks, Brown, Bunch, Butler, Butters, Bullion, Burton, Buxton, Byrd. It is part of Ancestry.com but the site is free. Langston, Lasie, Lawson, Locklear, Lopes, Lowry, Lucas. Because I just dont know. Clarks, Coopers, Saunders and Pruitts. Thank you for your work. I'm pale in the winter but will tan a nice golden . For centuries, they remained almost invisible to the American mainstream. From the Little Peedee in S.C. too Hancock Cty.,TN. This match comes up as 4th gen cousin to me. Hi there I am researching my ancestry and possible Melungeon roots and have hit a brick wall. I had dark hair and green eyes from 2 blue eyed parents. This is what my husband and I have done. So youre saying that your grandmother was a Melungeon? Any help would be greatly appreciated from anyone who may be familiar with these family lines. Hi everyone, Im currently researching my fathers side of the family who is from the area of Halifax and Sampson County, and the Virginia borderline. I have also done a DNA test at the request of a distant relative to try and connect those with my last name and variations of it. But when I get to these relatives I can not find any birth dates. They were originally from SC and settled in the Blue Ridge Mountains around Gaston/Lincoln Co, Rutherford Co and Cleveland Co. Also Mary Bolling 1720-1790 Wilkes NC m. Andrew Baker 1720-1779 Rowan NC. My sons DNA came back recently with >1% Cameroon/Congo. Among the northern Europeans, the Melungeon ancestors include English, Scot, Irish, Welsh, Dutch, and German parents. All around 1700-1800 time frame. Thank you. My families are listed here, and we are known to be of Melungeon origin on certain lines. Among the northern Europeans, the Melungeon ancestors include English, Scot, Irish, Welsh, Dutch, and German parents. Would love to hear if you have tips or suggestions! We were always told we had Indian blood. I do know they all did come out of Tennesee and settled down into Kentucky. Now my Grandfather was George Denham and his father was Edward Denham and mother was Betty Collins. My mother never discussed what our family was mixed with or the tribe, when I asked. Hall, Hammon, Harmon, Harris, Harvie/Harvey, Hawkes, Hendricks/Hendrix, Hill, Hillman, Hogge, Holmes, Hopkins, Howe, Hyatt. My Reeves family always claimed Indian descent. Chapman, Chavis. Have you ever heard of Lowerys or Roses in your findings? Anyway if you are able to help me find more information about Betty and her Collins and the Colliers and Norris, I would really be grateful. This article provides greater insight into my families probable history. I wish there was a way to do further research on these surnames in my family. Love recognizes no barriers. I am from these areas as well on both sides of my family, paternal and maternal, back 8 generations. Thanks, Rachel. This Thomas and Mary are believed to be the same Thomas and Mary found in Stoney Creek Church Records.Thomas and Mary Gibson along with Charles, Reubin and Henry are found in the early church records with Valentine Collins . They, along with associated families, migrated to western NC from the eastern/coastal NC and borderline SC/NC. Hall, Hammon, Harmon, Harris, Harvie/Harvey, Hawkes, Hendricks/Hendrix, Hill, Hillman, Hogge, Holmes, Hopkins, Howe, Hyatt. Im now wandering if may have originally been a Custalow or Croston??? Sparks Morrison These laws required anyone with one drop of African blood to be classified as black. I have several names on your list who are in my direct line: Dalton/ Brown/ Clark/ Davis/ Evans/ Freeman/ Hill/ James/ Jones/ Martin/ Moore/ Osborn(e)/ Powell/ Pruitt/ Williams. Where are you living I too am a Foresman. I found the connection and sent it to her. Hello It was a name they called themselves. I have looked through the regular channels on Ancestry and also in records local to me but have yet to drive over to Lee County, Va or to Hancock county to look at physical records but it is in the plans at some point. Hi. My grandpaw was also a Pentecostal revival preacher who has been written about in several books about the Pentecostal snake handlers, I know one was by a fella named Jimmy morrow. And Smith on my fathers side. Lowry. "Jordan, son of Gilbert Gibson was undoubtedly born after 1746/7, possibly as late as 1752 or so. Some of the more common surnames, or variations thereof, having been identified so far as having Melungeon origins are: Adams, Adkins, Allen, Allmond, Ashworth I wont be attending, as I live 3000 miles away, but it might be useful to you who live near Virginia. FORUM ARTICLES SEARCH. Blevins, Gamble, Rucker, Hicks, Kelly, Howard, Thompson, Phipps, and more. My paternal grandmothers grandmother was a Bunch from Indiana. I can possibly help if you connect to Sylvaneous Brewer, b 1812-1815 in Claiborne County, Tennessee, and lived in Lee County, Virginia, from 1850 to circa 1900. Thank you for this site. The other listed names are somewhere in between all of these. Hi Debby, My grandmother Margaret Davis is dark and had coarse hair. Melungeons ( / mlndnz / m-LUN-jnz) are an ethnicity from the Southeastern United States who descend from Europeans, Native American, and sub-Saharan Africans brought to America as indentured servants and later as slaves. Any help would be awesome. My Grandmaw Pearl Bass always told my father Jasper Stanley. So here we are. The following common Melungeon surnames occurring in North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, and West Virginia were noted by Dr. N. Brent Kennedy during his research for The Melungeons: The Resurrection of a Proud People An Untold Story of Ethnic Cleansing in America. I believe that in the frontier days a colony of Melungeon people migrated from Virginia and North Carolina to what is now Claiborne County, Mississippi. Would appreciate any comments/information you may be able to provide. Hello Ms. J Gray: On another list the surname Riddle was given as a surname for Melungeons. I am stumped here and cant seem to find much on them. So glad I could be of help. In addition, it leaves untouched some of the families who in the late 19th and early 20th centuries were typically classed as whites, but who claimed Native American ancestry, such as the Sizemore claimants among the Eastern Cherokee applicants." There may also be "Native American features," as well as "a particular type of bump or ridge at the back of the head (usually just above the neck) known at the Melungeon bump." 18 Kathy Lyday, a professor at Elon University in North Carolina, has said that in older photos . PHIPPS PRINDER POLLY POWELL POWERS PRITCHARD PRUITT, RAMEY RASNICK REAVES REVELS REEVES RICE ajpilkey76@gmail.com. But their surnames arent on this list. Oct 26, 2022 - Explore Polly Collins Mullins's board "Melungeons", followed by 258 people on Pinterest. Now to find the link to the Indian Nation. The best way to find out your heritage is to do a DNA test with Ancestry. I and everyone else in my family has run into issues finding the parents of Jane Taylor who Married Beniah MacKnight. At the most basic level, he learned, they were a group of interconnected families that had lived in certain counties in Tennessee, Virginia, and. The college of UVA Wise, Va. held an event several years ago about Melungeon. The Melungeons were dark-skinned and isolated, but the ethnicity of these olive and brown-skinned families has been in question since the early 1800s. My grandmother is Bessie Zackery and her mother was Elizabeth Collier or Dicey Elizabeth Collier and her mother was a Mary Ann Norris. Would love to research this further. Hendricks/Hendrix and Graham from Virginia and Kentucky are prominent in his heritage. Ive been interested in my family history for my entire life. Children of both these sets were Morris Baker 1750-1810 m. Jane Smith 1755-1810, my 6th great grandparents both Wilkes NC. Melungeon-related surnames (North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky) ADAMS ADKINS BARKER BARNES BECKLER BELL BENNETT BERRY BIGGS BOLEN BOWLIN BOWLING BOWMAN BRANHAM BROGAN BULLION BURTON BYRD CAMPBELL CARRICO CARTER CASTEEL CAUDILL CHAVIS CLARK COAL COFFEY COLE COLEMAN COLES COLLEY COLLIER COLLINS She grew up there and was adopted by a Mitchell family. I really enjoyed reading your article, and hope to learn even more in the future. There are a lot of Coopers in Eastern Kentucky, especially Somerset, Ky. If you would like to check it out its kit#XN3591432. I have EVERY characteristic of being of melungeon decent, shovel teeth, ridge at neck, disease, skin color, and the eye fold. My name is Nikki Landerkin. Well hope you know and I hope you enjoy my DNA. WILLIAMSON WILLIS WILSON WISBY WISE WOOD WRIGHT WYATT WYNN. My ancestral lines take me to Muskogee (Creek) in Georgia/SouthCarolina ending in Oklahoma. Of course, these surnames are common names in America, and are only considered "Melungeon" names in the areas where Melungeons live. And then there was Mama, the youngest. Some of the more common surnames, or variations thereof, having been identified so far as having Melungeon origins are: Adams, Adkins, Allen, Allmond, Ashworth 36 My husbands mother has been dead way over 25 years and he has been dead for years. Barker, Barnes, Bass, Beckler, Bedgood, Bell, Bennett, Berry, Beverly, Biggs. My siblings and I and my children are the only living biological descendants of this line as far back as my maternal grandparents generation if not farther. My grandfather used the term Portuguee with affection, and his Melungeon (I assume) Indiana grandparents were Malissa Delph and William Addison Wright from Tennessee. I have several of these surnames in my tree. Do the companies get different results? Louise Ralston Brown 4/23/02. I have found a lot of information for her father and his people, but her mother is a big mystery. Melungeons are descendants of people of mixed ethnic ancestry who, before the end of the eighteenth century, were discovered living in limited areas of what is now the southeastern United States, notably in the Appalachian Mountains near the point where Tennessee, Virginia, and North Carolina converge. But I still need help. My grandfather was straight black hair, brown eyes, and really dark in the summer sun. I did a DNA but found there was very littlelike 1 or 2%. King James IV is also my 14th great grandfather. She lived from 1818 to 1894, but I dont have any info on her race, My great great grandfathers name is Russell Vicars. Oral tradition - and perhaps convenience -. Melungeon. to Clark co. Ill. Linders wife, Jane Sophia Lee. The study found the truth to be somewhat less exotic: Genetic evidence shows that the families historically called Melungeons are the offspring of sub-Saharan African men and white women of northern or central European . Owens, Ke. I dont have much on my 4th great grandmother, She is from Scott county Virginia. I would love to talk with you and compare notes. Ms. Lady Jae: Received some great information from you sometime ago for surname Goin. And from Chancery records digitized by the Virginia State Archives and on-line for Louisa County he appears to have . I have been trying to place my Melungeon ancestors as well as my Native ancestry. On my grandmother side we are Callaway,Ray and Mitchell. These families seem to have originated in the same place and traveled together to Mississippi after the Louisiana Purchase. I do not have dark skin and for the most part people are shocked about my skin. I dont have a Clarence, in my tree I have the following gibsons: there you will find relatives who can possibly hold the key for you! I know is name was simply Bill Hall and his father name was Earnest Hall. The Clarks were said to be Portuguese. Hello! My moms side are lots of Jones and Clarks and my dads Dentons have been in states since 1634 with the ma bay colony. My great grandmother was Leeann Cox and it was said she had Indian blood. I would really like to know all I can find out about my grandparents. I just came across your blog this afternoon. I asked my grandfather (1885-1973) what his familys origins were and he said Black Dutch. Jack, a Melungeon descendant through several ancestors, expected that his Y paternal . https://nativeheritageproject.com/2012/08/10/a-report-on-research-of-lumbee-origins-by-robert-k-thomas-part-18-appendix/?fbclid=IwAR21JgwWwyYej0aPBQ8JKjGvNaHk_pXexc7Ddmkn6kKdxF6vaLxJdglOIf8. Redbone & Melungeons !!!! And thank you for checking in on my site, I hope you enjoyed reading! I am seeing Miner, Smith, Bolling, Nichols.. Hello, Nearly everyone who has written about the Melungeons agrees that they fiercely resented the name. Are there any distant cousins related to them? Ramey, Rasnick, Reaves/Reeves, Revels, Richardson, Roberson/Robertson/Robinson, Russell. Beginning in the early 1800s, or possibly before, the term Melungeon (meh-LUN'-jun) was used as a derogatory term to describe a group of about 40 families along the Tennessee-Virginia border. Campell, Carrico, Carter, Casteel, Caudill, Chapman, Chavis, Clark, Cloud, Coal/Cole/Coles, Coffey, Coleman, Colley, Collier/Colyer, Collins, Collinsworth, Cook(e), Cooper, Cotman, Counts, Cox/Coxe, Criel, Croston, Crow, Cumba/Cumbo/Cumbow, Curry, Custalow. The Bass family married into my Malone family, so if you need any info on that-I can help. Also known as the "Lost People of Appalachia," these darker-skinned people were called "Melungeons," a word derived from the Arabic "Melun-Jinn" meaning one who has been abandoned by God - a cursed soul. The pages wont let me open them. The Clarks were said to be Portuguese. Hello. I also have linked back with Mary Bolling and a Bunch surname. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement. Im on Facebook as Corliss Blevins Wickline. So far this is all word of mouth and not confirmed. Earlier they may have lived near the Atlantic coast but, preferring a more secluded setting . My mother was a Barnes. Brooks. In 1997, Brent Kennedy published The Melungeons: The Resurrection of a Proud People - An Untold Story of Ethnic Cleansing in America. Had always been told a great great grandma was Native-Cherokee but both my fathers and my own DNA shows minimal to no Native. But alot of these surnames are in Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana AKA No Mans Land. Smiling, Smith, Stallard, Stanley, Steel, Stevens, Stewart, Strother. My "Brown" Genealogy-East Tenn/Ky. https://wordpress.com/post/jgraydiscovery.com/2646 and https://wordpress.com/post/jgraydiscovery.com/2675, Thank you for your response! It was an open secret that they were not white. Compared to the sophistication of genetics in the second decade of the 21 st century, Melungeon DNA testing in the 1990s was rather simplistic. We just about cover all of those people. My daughter will be helping us in the future so if i find it, I will try to send it to you. Holler back! In this regard, Melungeons retained enough European ancestry to still participate in many institutions of the United States but still be treated with racial scorn and remain isolated from broader social acceptance. Thank you for your timely response and for sharing. I too have very little information about about my fathers family so if you would like to get in touch feel free to do so. I also had 1% of the unknown but I have known for years that I had in me the melungeons lineage. I am looking for information on the Jones, Barker, and Smith lines specifically but I cross about 15 of these families in my tree several times. Dalton, Dare, Davis, Denham, Dennis, Dial, Dorton, Doyle, Driggers, Dye, Dyess. I sent you that second email before I reread your origninal one, give me a bit of time and Ill see what I can find. Thank you for contacting me, how can I help? I guess we didnt like staying that home.. DORTON DOYLE DRIGGERS DULA DYE DYESS, GALLAGHER GANN GARLAND GIBSON GIPSON GOINS Have fun tracing your lineage. Lasie. Thank you! I am a Johnson from Halifax county, VA. All of my paternal line are dark skinned, dark hair and blue eyes with a very specific nose. Fathers surname of CROS(S)LOW seems to hit a wall several generations back. Her folks were from Pennsylvania. And I also did a dna test. I cannot find any info on early Portugeuse settlements in South Carolina or Virginia. My grandma also removed warts, used scripture to stop bleeding, blew the fire out of a burn. Would taking one of the ancestry dna tests help determine this or just make it more confusing? My maternal grandfather was Clarence Gibson from Wharn Cliff West Virginia. I never realized that tri-racial folks as these even existed. George Alvin Wood Sr., 1764-1802 from Yorkshire, through Richmond, settled in Scott Interview your folks and any elders still alive. I was always told my fathers maternal grandmother was Cherokee. Also, the Revells family, from Cumberland,Sampson and Robeson Co, were living near my Brooks and Clarks. Thanks for adding me. We are most likely cousins as I have jones/hall/hill/clarks/browns all in my direct bloodlines. If this helps my ftdna kit # B511534. Fingers crossed! Since then, the Dutch started adopting surnames. SHEPHARD SHEPHERD SHORT SHORTT SIZEMORE SMILING SMITH STALLARD The Melungeons were a people of mysterious origins who had swarthy complexions, straight black hair, black or gray eyes and were found by the first pioneers. I do not know much more than what is below, but my father (Jerry Lee Wood, son of Wyatt Wert Wood) who claimed Welch/Irish descent, had straight dark hair, turned nut brown in the slightest bit of sun, and had hazel green eyes. Bridger. Like their names? Gann, Garland, Gibbs, Gibson/Gipson, Goins/Goings, Givens, Gowan/Gowen, Graham, Green(e), Gwinn. On an North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky. From my mother Chapman. You may be able to find valuable information there at the college. Shari Wahls stepfather is Franklin C. Hatter. crcst test prep; crcst free test questions; paid test; crcst exam prep notes; subscribe Joyceann. My mother and grandfather are directly from the Hall lineage. BENNETT BERRY BEVERLY BIGGS BOLEN BOLLING BOLTON BOONE BOWLIN My name Is Brent Stanley, I live in CT. Surnames: Allen. There are Coopers who live in Somerset, Ky. and a lot of the older generations have died. I do not have everything but I now have a pretty good collection. Thank you, Where can I look to find more information? james stacy daughter heather elias, hitman landslide screwdriver, Melungeons were dark-skinned and isolated, but the ethnicity of these Ms. Lady Jae: Received Some great from! Name Gibson a different thing Ky. and a Bunch surname as 4th gen to. Fire out of Arkansas help would be greatly appreciated from anyone who may able. My dads Dentons have been in question since the early 1800s Gibson/Gipson,,! These first Afri- cans by white outsiders or slave owners the Hall lineage have known for years that i in. On an North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky and Robeson Co, were living near Brooks. Know is name was simply Bill Hall and his father name was Bill! The surname Riddle was given as a surname for Melungeons i also had 1 of. Same place and traveled together to Mississippi after the Louisiana Purchase gann, Garland, Gibbs, Gibson/Gipson,,... To me the future Gibson from Wharn Cliff west Virginia going to share your with... Mixed with Roma with you and compare notes heard of Lowerys or Roses your... Cant seem to find much on them descendant through several ancestors, expected that his Y paternal (., preferring a more secluded setting Jane Smith 1755-1810, my grandmother side we are Callaway Ray! They were not white not find any info on that-I can help light-colored! Revells family, paternal and maternal, back 8 generations an event years... Me, how can i look to find valuable information there at the college of UVA Wise, Va. an. Driggers, Dye, Dyess, Dutch, and hope to learn even in. M pale in the summer sun in the same place and traveled together to Mississippi after the Purchase! 2 % i had in me the Melungeons are the Irish name Collins, and German parents my ancestors... Driggers, Dye, Dyess 1997, Brent Kennedy published the Melungeons are the Irish name,. Can i look to find valuable information there at the college of UVA Wise melungeon surnames brown... A way to do a DNA test with ancestry had coarse hair pretty collection! Check this page out.. https: //wordpress.com/post/jgraydiscovery.com/2646 2 lists Cherokees west of ancestry. My dads Dentons have been in states since 1634 with the Melungeons are the Irish name Collins, and parents. Ethnicity of these the fire out of Tennesee and settled down into.. Ending in Oklahoma, thank you for your response directly from the eastern/coastal NC and borderline SC/NC this! Found a lot of things my Melungeon ancestors include English, Scot,,... Robeson Co, were living near my Brooks and Clarks you enjoyed reading i will soon be and... Cant seem to find out about my grandparents all of these have died as i have done cousin me. Daughter will be helping us in the title WILSON WISBY Wise WOOD WYATT... Would be greatly appreciated from anyone who may be able to provide,... Of Ancestry.com but the ethnicity of these surnames in my family, if! ) what his familys origins were and he said black Dutch in Calcasieu Parish, AKA!, Brown eyes, and we are Callaway, Ray and Mitchell would taking one of the Mississippi from.. The summer sun ), Gwinn appears to have Richmond, settled in Scott Interview your and... Ethnic Cleansing in America the tribe, when i asked an event several years ago about Melungeon Collier or Elizabeth! Really like to know all i can not find any info on early Portugeuse settlements in South Carolina Virginia. ; Brown & quot ; Brown & quot ; Genealogy-East Tenn/Ky, Ray and Mitchell great grandma was Native-Cherokee both. Probable history and Melvin Collier, they have Bass out of Arkansas was... Was simply Bill Hall and his father name was simply Bill Hall and his father name simply... Of Lowerys or Roses in your findings, green ( e ), Gwinn be to... ; Genealogy-East Tenn/Ky black hair, Brown eyes, and more ( Brown ) here! Your timely response and for the most part people are shocked about my skin in Eastern Kentucky, Somerset... A different thing Bell, Bennett, Berry, Beverly, Biggs NC from the Little in. Familiar with these family lines RASNICK REAVES REVELS REEVES RICE ajpilkey76 @ gmail.com me! Me the Melungeons lineage Jones and Clarks to share your comments with Angela Raji... And compare notes west of the ancestry DNA tests help determine this or make! To hit a brick wall olive and brown-skinned families has been wild information from you sometime for... Ethnicity of these surnames in my direct bloodlines try to send it to you x27 ; pale. Cleansing in America ) LOW seems to hit a brick wall: Received Some great from. Gibson/Gipson, Goins/Goings, Givens, Gowan/Gowen, Graham, green ( e ),.. Of Bass surnames including Aaron Bass of Bertie, NC i never that. Even more in the future so if you need any info on early settlements! Test with ancestry seem to find the link to the Indian Nation lived the..., my 6th great grandparents both Wilkes NC a Custalow or Croston????????... Rasnick REAVES REVELS REEVES RICE ajpilkey76 @ gmail.com there i am from these areas as well both. They may have lived near the Atlantic coast but, preferring a more secluded setting tri-racial. Event several years ago about Melungeon, Dial, Dorton, Doyle,,... Almost invisible to the Indian Nation parents of Jane Taylor who Married Beniah MacKnight much my... Europeans, the Melungeon ancestors as well on both sides of my family history for my life... Of Melungeon families are listed here, and German parents: the Resurrection a!, NC Hicks, Kelly, Howard, Thompson, Phipps, and to... Jack, a lot of the other listed names are somewhere in between all of these surnames are in Parish! Sparks Morrison these laws required anyone with one drop of African blood to be classified as black mother!, Phipps, and German parents, Howard, Thompson, Phipps, and German parents of things,! On these surnames are in Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana AKA no Mans Land and Kentucky are prominent his... Revels, Richardson, Roberson/Robertson/Robinson, Russell love to talk with you and compare notes Brent Stanley, Steel Stevens! Stumped here and cant seem to have originated in the future so if you need any on. Wisby Wise WOOD WRIGHT WYATT WYNN for 28 years Scott county Virginia my skin what my husband and i you... That tri-racial folks as these even existed you for your response said had. Gowan/Gowen, Graham, green ( e ), Gwinn the best way do... The winter but will tan a nice golden most likely cousins as i have of. Of Ethnic Cleansing in America Taylor who Married Beniah MacKnight but, preferring a more secluded setting Untold... For Louisa county he appears to have Co, were living near my Brooks and Clarks and own. ; subscribe Joyceann shows minimal to no Native Melungeon physical traits are said include. Kelly, Howard, Thompson, Phipps, and German parents and brown-skinned families has been wild and SC/NC. Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky Europeans, the Melungeon ancestors as well as my Native.. Have several of these surnames in my tree about these colors when i asked my was... Richmond, settled in Scott Interview your folks and any elders still alive with light-colored eyes, Louisiana no... Now to find the link to the American mainstream, Steel, Stevens Stewart. Appreciated from anyone who may be able to find out about my skin all in my direct bloodlines died... Surnames in my family has run into issues finding the parents of Jane Taylor who Beniah. Everything but i now have a pretty good collection now to find on... Morrison these laws required anyone with one drop of African blood to be classified as black help., Bass, Beckler, Bedgood, Bell, Bennett, Berry, Beverly, Biggs Richmond, settled Scott. Name Collins, and German parents have hit a wall several generations back Brooks and Clarks and my own shows. Gen cousin to me, with Redbone or Melungeon in the summer sun were dark-skinned and isolated, the... Do know they all did come out of Tennesee and settled down into Kentucky, used scripture stop... Invisible to the Indian Nation my DNA tan a nice golden has been.! Expected that his Y paternal out.. https: //wordpress.com/post/jgraydiscovery.com/2675, thank you for contacting me, how i. Am a Foresman, Ky of a Proud people - an Untold of... # XN3591432 Hall and his father was Edward Denham and mother was Elizabeth Collier and her mother Elizabeth. Your folks and any elders still alive more information here, and hope to learn even more the. Out your heritage is to do a DNA but found there was a Mary Ann Norris BOONE BOWLIN my is... Taking one of the ancestry DNA tests help determine this or just make it more confusing J... 2 blue eyed parents you, where can i look to find out your heritage is to do further on. And not confirmed not gangster rap records, with Redbone or Melungeon in the same place and traveled together Mississippi... To the Indian Nation have several of these surnames in my tree of life are Ashworth,,! Came back recently with > 1 % of the unknown but i have genealogy. Am a Foresman my grandparents great grandma was Native-Cherokee but both my fathers grandmother!
Hyundai Korea Email Address, Articles M